Front and intermediate gaiters provide a flexible membrane that does not restrict the movement of the couplers. This coupler protection provides a barrier against snow, ice and dust build-up on the coupler pivot and other sensitive parts.
The gaiters are made from silicone laminates and high-quality silicone/aramid laminates. These materials provide outstanding protection against heat and fire, confirmed by the certification according to the European standard EN 45545 R7 HL2 for fire safety in rail vehicles.
- Protect couplers from snow, dirt, ice and sand and thereby increase the service capability of the coupler and other coupler box components.
- Seamless maintenance of the couplers without dismounting all systems.
- Bolt on style design can work with existing coupler from all manufacturers.
- Silicone laminates and premium silicone/aramid laminates.
- All materials are certified to the European Standard EN 45545 R7 HL2 for fire protection in rail vehicles.
- Customised designs that fit all types of couplers.