Front and intermediate covers for train couplers provide a flexible membrane that does not restrict the movement of the couplers.
This coupler protection works as a barrier against snow, ice and dust deposits on the coupler pivot and other sensitive parts.
- Protects the complete coupler head, including the electrical head, from snow, ice, sand and debris
- Increases the life and serviceability of the coupler and other components of the coupler box
- Modular and replaceable to allow efficient system operation
- Protection covers available for front and semi couplers
- Detached covers can be made from thin steel, plastic (fire protection on railway vehicles, acc. EN 45545) or fabric (fire performance acc. to EN 45 554-2 HL2 R7)
- Front covers made of steel can be operated manually or remotely from the driver’s cab by actuator using a pneumatic
- Customised flaps allowing access to the coupler for maintenance and inspection