High-speed trains connect cities over longer distances. In developed countries, they play a major role in transport infrastructure. This has also been made possible because easy access to stations and comfortable travel over long distances have made travelling by train more attractive.
Gangway systems for high-speed trains require particularly effective sound insulation and higher-pressure resistance, due to considerable air pressure changes when entering and exiting a tunnel. Gangways in high-speed trains must also ensure easy and convenient access between carriages. This is especially important for people with trolly bags and wheelchair users.
In most high-speed trains, the gangway area is equipped with an automatic glass door to further reduce noise in the carriages. Modern high-speed trains often have an additional bellow that is flush with the shape of the train to improve aerodynamics and safety. This means there is no platform gap and no possibility of illegal “train surfing”.
Dellner gangways for high-speed trains are designed with these demands in mind. High quality requirements also apply to the production of our gangways. This is because Dellner gangways are designed as durable products that require little maintenance over the lifetime of a train.
- Enhanced sound insulation
- Increased pressure stability bellow
- Passageway suitable for wheelchairs and trollies
- Smooth surface for easy cleaning
- Designed to be low-maintenance, high reliability unit
Different designs available
- One- or two-piece gangways
- Bolted or latching system to the car body side
- Different floor systems: bridge plates, linking bridges, self-supporting bridges, treadplates
- Bellows: single corrugated, double corrugated
- Barriers for higher safety
- Car coupler can be inside of gangway (ice, snow, water protection)
- Outer bellow with same flush design as a shape of a car